Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dinner Conversation Jars

A couple months ago my sister-in-law Shelly made a dinner conversation jar. I fell in love with it. The last couple days I have been in the mood for a project. I walked into Hobby Lobby the other day and YES! ribbon was 50% off. Let me tell ya, I stocked up! It was so fun buying a basket full of brightly colored ribbons. Kari was in town so I thought... perfect project for a Friday night! We had our minds set on each completing three...well 2am rolled around and we had just finished jar number 2... these things were a little more time consuming than I thought. We were happy with our finished products though. I still have many more to make... silly me...I updated my facebook status that I was working on a project...now everyone and their brother wants a jar. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Since Kari will be back in TC, Shel, I need you to come over and make them with me. I can't stay up until 2am by myself :)

After all the questions were typed and printed, we had to cut them into strips.

Kari working on the next step...stapling the ribbon

My tub of colorful ribbon... oh it makes me so happy to own so much (Jon thinks I am a freak to get so excited over spools of ribbon.)

Kari excited to have a few done... they are looking adorable

Me with my first completed jar

The finished product. LOVE IT!

Kari and I with our jars. (Thanks for the AWESOME idea Shel)

3 comments:

Kari Lynn said...

You beat me to both posts ... oh man! Next time I'll have to wait to give you my pictures! Just kidding!(: Thanks for last night, it was fun!

Shelly DeBoer: said...

Love them and yes I will help you make more. We'll have to do a night with Court and Rachel. Happy little jars with fun bright ribbon are worth staying up until 2 for!

the vrugginks said...

heyyyyy! i was just thinking about these jars! where did you get the "words" or questions,etc? i asked shel, but she hasn't gotten back to me...love 'em!!!