Monday, October 26, 2009

Haunted House

Saturday was our annual Wierda Haunted House. I believe this was the 6th or maybe 7th year we have been doing this. (I lost count) The kids get to invite their entire class to the party (Almost 50 kids). It is a blast. There are 4 or 5 games set up in the basement for the kids to play, all with prizes to be won! Erin and I turn the rest of the basement into a haunted house. And I'm not talkin' some dumb little thing, I'm talkin' we can probably become professionals at it. (okay, maybe not that good) But I'm not gunna lie, it's pretty cool :) Then after about an hour or so of play, the pizza comes. Rebecca always orders ginormous pizza's from Palermo's and are they ever delish! You are probably wondering where 50 kids eat dinner.... the garage :) Then, shortly after dinner to kids settle down in the living room for a magic show. We have had a different magician ever year and it is so much fun! So, after hours and hours and hours and hours of setting up... at 8 o'clock it takes about a 1/2 hour to tear down, I would have to say though, after all said and down... it is so worth it! Smiling kids all night long!

Here are some pictures of our night! Now, these were taken with the lights on and before everything was completely finished. For the actaul haunted house we turned off all the lights and had the floor lined with dark purple christmas lights! Also, you will find no pictures of the little kiddos, totally forgot to get my camera back out and I am so bummed because they all looked adorable in their costumes!

No comments: