Monday, November 30, 2009

Our Ever-So-Busy Holiday Weekend

Well people, for starters our laptop crashed this week. Sad Day! We have a new desktop computer but sadly it does not yet have Internet. We used to "borrow" our neighbors. Shhh... ;) So, I am beyond lost without it. Anyways... now onto my fabulous long weekend...
And P.S. I am having some serious picture issues so you will only see a few...

Wednesday...
You all know Jon LOVES to hunt. Sadly he has yet to get a deer. Well, a lady at my school got a "few extra" and was so kind as to give Jon one. Made his day! So, Wednesday we spent the entire day cleaning and cutting up a deer. We now have lots of meat for HIM to eat :) I am not so sure I can eat that stuff. Beware, below are a few pictures of this lovely looking deer. Believe it or not it did not disgust me at all. I think after going through school as a science major I have dissected more than enough animals in my time. :)

Well, my full deer pics are M.I.A. so I guess these 2 will have to do...


Thursday...
Turkey Day it was! We started off at Jon's parents where we enjoyed a fabulous turkey lunch with his family. I made the nieces and nephews a cute little turkey treat. (see below). After lunch we went to my Aunt and Uncles where we enjoyed delicious desserts. And had a little family photo shoot. My uncle is getting into photography and just bought a backdrop and wanted to try it out. Later that night Matt and Lori came over and planned our attack for Black Friday. We pulled an all-nighter and headed to Walmart at 1 am. (You can wait inside there) :)

My turkey treat :)
Grandma and Grandpa with their grandkids and granddogs!
Friday...
We shopped, and shopped and shopped some more. Wow, did we ever buy a lot. We could not even see each other in my vehicle there was so much stuff piled up. So Fun!!! After shopping we went out for breakfast at Rainbow Grill. Delish...
After breakfast we went home and Lori wanted to play "show and tell" :) We shop so fast we don't even remember what we buy. We plugged in a movie a took a little cat nap. An hour later we headed out to get our Christmas tree. We found the perfect one, brought it home and decorated away. (Picture to come soon) Jon also put the lights up on the outside of the house. Thanks hunny, they look great :)
Matt and Jon waiting in line at 2 a.m.
On the way home... we couldn't even see out the window
Saturday...
Jon left bright and early with Matt to go hunting once again. What's new? So, I decide to go shopping again. My mom, her friend Janet, my Grandma and her friend Geneva all went shopping. We ventured out to Muskegon. I got almost all my Christmas shopping done. Very successful day. That night I hung out with Kari. Just some quality girl time. Chit Chatting about this and that... And of course we made a quick run to Target for a few cheap movies. Then off to bed. I was exhausted!

Sunday...
I tried another new church. Kentwood Community. This is where Court and Jeff go. It was a very good service. Great music. Church shopping is just so hard to do. I think Ada Bible still rates to the top, if it weren't so far away. Pretty much a lazy day, didn't do too much.

Well, there you have it. Sorry its quite a long post. Who knows when I will be able to post again. Or if I will have anything exciting to write about. I do get to have my little loves this weekend. Thursday-Sunday. However it is a jam packed, hockey filled weekend. I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: