Monday, September 21, 2009

"By Your Side"

Well.... My original intent for this post was to write about the song, "By Your Side" by Jamie Slocum, and then have it play in the background for you yo hear. Unfortunately I cannot find this song anywhere on the Internet, not even YouTube. But anyways...

You all know how unbelievably stressed, depressed, and crabby I was when the school year started rolling around. Normally this time of year makes me happy. I love fall, I love love love school supplies, and I love going back to school to see my fellow colleagues and kiddos whom I missed all summer. This year was not exactly the same. I had began the dreaded job hunt, and we all know there are not many jobs out there for teachers. I understand this, and it sucks, but I deal with it. My patience began wearing thin when there were 2... not 1 but 2 openings in Hudsonville, the district where I work, and I didn't even get a flippin interview. I quickly became angry and sad, and you pretty much didn't want to be around me. One day, shortly after school started, I was listening to a CD on my computer that I had currently copied for my mom, and song number 2 came on. "By Your Side" by Jamie Slocum. The words made me stop my blog stalking :) and listen a little closer. After it finished I listened to it one more time and almost started crying. This song is my current life story when it comes to my career. Here are the words to the beginning. (I have this song on media player if anyone knows a way I can put it on here that way)

And I know theres a plan for you
You life has a purpose
There's hope beyond your broken road
Jesus set a place for you
At the front of the table with the weary and the wounded
And He's showing the way, the truth, the life for everyday
So when you loose your way
CHORUS
Don't give up, don't give in
This is a race that you can win
Every time you get passed by
There is a reason why
God loves and believes in you
He knows the pain that your going through
He's with you every step of the way
And He's by your side
Basically, I need to be patient and my time will come when it is supposed to when I will be able to have a classroom of my own to make a difference in the lives a little kids. Until then, I need your prayers and open ears. These days it's not what you know, it's who you know!

4 comments:

Kari Lynn said...

I may have to burn that song while I'm done there this weekend! (:

I know how your feeling, and no matter what people say to try to make you feel better - it still just plain out sucks! But know that you aren't the only one out there (which I know you know) so if you ever need to chat, complain, vent - I'm just a phone call away (: And whenever I'm in town we can always go get our girly drinks (: LOVE YA!

Courtney Beld said...

Ashley, hang in there darlin'! I'll start praying that a whole lot of chics in the Hudsonville district get pregnant.(:

the vrugginks said...

ash...i love seeing your face at bauer, and i know the boys do too!i know its hard to be patient, but we will pray for you to be content where you are, and that God will give you your very own class!!

ps look up deut.31:8

Jon and Ash said...

Thanks everyone! Now that school is rolling a little more smooth it is earier to be where I am at. And Rach, don't get me wrong, I love Bauer, just wish I had my own room there :) I get sick of being bossed around all day. Let's just hope and pray another year of this gets me something good :)And I love seeing you and the boys around school too. It always makes me smile to see someone I know :)Thanks for the verse. Another I can post up for a daily reminder!