Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Apple a Day

I have been loving every minute of teaching 2nd grade this year. I have the best students, and they are such a fun age to teach. Little did I know, teachers really do get apples from students. I thought this was just an old wives tale or something. Well, I have probably gotten around 10-12 apples already this year, but NONE of them beat the apple I found on my desk this morning. No joke, I have never seen an apple so big in my entire life! It was awesome! It was even a Honeycrisp... My FAVORITE! I asked the little girl where she found an apple so big... and believe it or not, she got it at Family Fare. Crazy! She was so excited to tell me where exactly I could go in the store to buy some more. She was also very excited to tell me how her and her mom dug and dug for the biggest one, just to give to me :) I LOVE 2nd graders! I'm going to miss them SO much when my time with them is done!

The giant apple was left on my desk with this cute little note!

Trying to show you in the picture how huge this apple really is!
Can't wait to eat it but I almost want to keep it out for a fall decoration! :)

No comments: