Friday, March 4, 2011

Read N Feed

Today was a very fun day at school! Exhausting... but fun! It was the annual "read n feed." Students were allowed to bring sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, 3 favorite books from home and of course... wear their pj's! 2nd grade spent the entire day reading! I decided to be "Nice Mrs. Scholma" today ;) and let them move the desks to the sides and spread out all over the room, WHEREVER THEY WANTED! A little stressful, but so worth it! The kids had a blast! We also made a special trail mix together and enjoyed our snack while we were reading! I love creating these kind of memories for my students, because these are the things that I remember from when I was in school! I wish I could show you the adorable pictures from today, but I probably shouldn't post pics of my kiddos on here. So instead, I'll show you what the room looked like while they were at lunch. I can also show you our yummy trail mix.




Notice I topped them with my very favorite sour gummy worms. (These were not on the list of things they could bring, so did they ever cheer loud when I showed them what I brought for the mix) :)

2 comments:

The Heeren's said...

you are an awesome teacher, Ash!! those little kiddos are so lucky to have you!!

Jon and Ash said...

Thanks, Girlie... If only they were actually "my" class! Fingers crossed.... next year!!!